Translate

Friday, August 7, 2015

Partially decorated 1:24 shop

Happy Friday! I hope your week has been a good one. I have spent some more time working on prototypes and instructions for my laser cut kits (with mixed success) and decorating the French shop. Here are some photos, with paperclay almost done. Just a little more painting, roof tiles and then some aging. I had thought I was about done with the design on this kit, but even now, having put it completely together, redesigned parts and had them cut, putting it back together, I am still figuring out slight fixes that are required. Frustrating but worth getting right.







I keep hoping the design process gets easier and quicker but not sure about that! I seem to take two steps forward and one back, but it is fun and engrossing. 

Have a great weekend everyone.

4 comments:

  1. I think it is all looking VERY exciting! Wonderful progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon! What an Amazing structure you are building and I LOVE the floor plan you have designed for this kit! I also love the placement for the stairs however from your photos it appears that there is not quite enough headroom at the top of the first landing which may be just the angle of the camera, but as for the rest of the building I think that it is FABULOUS!!! You have made LOTS of room for display within the interior and I can already picture someone wanting to live there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Linda, I'm pleased you like it.

    And thanks too Elizabeth. I agree with the headroom - I noticed this when I put it together and was decorating. I think I am past doing anything with it now, but may change it later if it bugs me too much! As I said, there is sooo much to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this 1/24th? I love the design of this house and well done for persevering with the paperclay. I think the finish will be perfect. The front facade is typically French a look I have been hankering after for a while now. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete